Healthy Tools and Tips
Easy Vegan Raspberry Cheesecake
Compliements of themovementmenu.com
- 2/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 6 Medjool dates pitted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- pinch sea salt
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked in boiling water for 1 1/2 hours
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk full fat, please!
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
Find it at Sunny Bridge!
- Local Swopes or Bedillion Honey
- Add cashews to a bowl and cover with boiling hot water. Let set, uncovered, for 1 1/2 hours. Rinse and drain thoroughly.
- Line the bottom of a 6″ or 7″ springform pan with parchment paper (cut out a circle) and lightly oil the sides to make it easier to remove once the cheesecake has set.
- Combine the nuts in a food processor and pulse until you get a coarse mixture. Add the rest of the crust ingredients and pulse several times until it starts clumping up and forming together.
- Transfer the crust mixture into the pan. Press down with your fingers to pack it evenly into the bottom of the pan to create an even base. If it starts to get sticky, lightly wet your fingers with warm water. Set aside.
- Add drained cashews and the rest of the filling ingredients to the bowl of your food processor or into a high speed blender pitcher. Process or blend until creamy and smooth throughout, scraping down the sides as needed. *Taste and adjust accordingly. Be sure to add more lemon juice if it’s too sweet, more maple syrup if it isn’t sweet enough or a pinch more of salt for more balance!*
- Pour the filling over the crust. Tap on the counter a couple of times to release any air bubbles that may have formed. Set aside.
- Combine the raspberries and honey in the bowl of a food processor until pulverized. Add this mixture on top of the filling.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and seal the top with aluminum foil. Let it set in the freezer for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, pull out the cheesecake and allow it to sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Leftovers can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!
Be sure to bring all of your filling ingredients to room temperature before you begin. Otherwise, your filling will not be smooth!